Monday, January 6, 2014

Bigfoot..?

Clearly I’ve watched the series Finding Bigfoot multiple times, it’s all over as TV references in my Paranormal Phenomenon List. Bigfoot, or Sasquatch, is defiantly on the list of things I’m interested in, but… and this is no secret, I don’t really believe in Bigfoot. The evidence just doesn’t add up. Or rather, there is lack of evidence.

I admit, the sheer number of witnesses is tempting, but there is very little evidence that hasn’t yet been proven to be a mistake or a hoax. Pretty much everything submitted for genetic testing (hair, bones, flesh, and poop) has been a hoax or mistake.

And then, in some cases I feel like people are grasping at straws. In one episode, the guys are out in Montana and they have a supposed photograph of a Bigfoot footprint, which they claim to show Bigfoot’s long toes and mid-foot ridge. Have a look for yourself:

(This image is a screenshot from Animal Plant’s Finding Bigfoot Evidence Map, located at: http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/finding-bigfoot/finding-bigfoot-map.htm )

This is what they think is going on:

And this is what I think is going on:

Please go ahead and look at the original un-obscured photo again, and judge for yourself, you’re allowed to have your own opinions, but I’ve given you mine.

Moreover, sightings and population estimates don’t leave me feeling like there’s a viable population. If Bigfoot do exist, they’re obviously dying out. I also would have expected to see some sign of them by now. I pretty much live in the woods, and have seen the tracks and evidence of deer, elk, coyote, bears, cougars, raccoons, rabbits, and even feral goats. But, Bigfoot? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are reviewed for content (to prevent spam and filter out intentionally inflammatory remarks), and therefore will not appear right away. Thank you for understanding.