Saturday, December 14, 2013

Kasai rex

There’s actually a lots of reports of dinosaur-like cryptids in Africa. You may or may not have heard about a T-Rex like dinosaur supposedly living in the Kasai Valley, Kasai Rex. A friend of mine mentioned it, and I wanted to be sure I was thinking of the right thing so I thought I'd check Wikipedia, but someone on Wikipedia apparently does not want you to know about it:

At first the reasoning seems simple enough, it should be Kasai rex, not Kasai Rex and the page redirected:

But the page Kasai rex, does not exist:

Backtracking, I reread the notice, which is in reverse chronological order from what I assumed, and find the final excuse claims copyright issues, issues that apparently were not an issue earlier “(G12)”:

This is starting to seem a little fishy… after-all, they've no problem with an article on Slenderman, whose copyright isn’t theirs either:

I’m not claiming Kasai rex exists, both known photographs are hoaxes, but I wonder if there’s some personal vendetta going on here… after all, even hoaxes have Wikipedia pages devoted to them.

--- I’d like to note that I actually quite like Wikipedia, it’s a good starting place, though you should always research further than an encyclopedia (internet based or not) if you want to really know about a subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are reviewed for content (to prevent spam and filter out intentionally inflammatory remarks), and therefore will not appear right away. Thank you for understanding.